Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CrAzYPiLoT's Developer Application
What position are you applying for (Development or Staff)?
Development

How old are you?

Known IC Names Or Ckey:
Sergei Aleksandrovski, James Henrick/CrAzYPiLoT

What timezone are you in?
CET

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
1-2h

How long have you been playing Space Station 13?
3.5+ years

Have you ever been banned in the past?
No

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
Yes, I've been an admin out of need over at FTL13

*If you are applying for development, What skills do you have?( Mapping, coding or spriting etc.) 
Coding, spriting and mapping as needed (I'd rather not, though)

*If you are applying for development, How long have you done Space Station 13 development?
1.5+ years

*If you are applying for development, are you familiar with Git and GitHub?
Yes

*If you are applying as a coder, How long have you been coding and how well do you understand it?
1.5+ years, I didn't use to do good code, which can be seen from my PRs on Paradise, but now I have a full understanding of DM and the techniques used in every aspect of it.

*If you are applying as a coder, What codebase are you familiar with?
Mostly /tg/ and Paradise, but I can work with any

*If you are applying for development, have you made any major contributions to any code bases?

Yes, maintainer at FTL13, developer for WWI

*If you are applying  as a mapper, How long have you been a Mapper and how well do you understand it?
I have sufficient knowledge, but I don't really like this, and would only do it in moments of dire need

*If you are applying as a spriter, How long have you been a Spriter and how well do you understand it?
See above
On the advice of counsel, I invoke my Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination, and decline to answer that question.
For the most part LGTM, but I do have a few questions.

1. You any good with NanoUI?
2. Would you provide some examples of your recent code, e.g. a specific PR?
3. CET is Europe right?
--bloxgate
[Image: 76561198022559245.png]
The guy who's hosting the forums, and does some coding too.
Yeah I can work with UI, NanoUI or otherwise.

https://github.com/CrAzYPiLoT-SS13/FTL13...r_refactor
Only real recent project of mine, it's not nearly finished, but I guess it could serve as some proof, because it's really a full refactor of a power. You can even load it up, it works, with some (not so) minor issues.

Yeah, Central European Time.
On the advice of counsel, I invoke my Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination, and decline to answer that question.
Great. Everything looks fine to me. Only thing that I'd need you to agree to before I +1 this, is for you to agree to be a bit better about your commit messages for anything on our project. I'd prefer to see some more descriptive ones, with less cursing in them.
--bloxgate
Yeah of course, this was more a personal project than anything else, so I made that kind of 'jokes' with the others.
Great. I've talked to some of the others in our staff chat, and we're happy to welcome you to the team. Please join our discord, https://discord.gg/4p9dWq6, and talk to The James Russle Experience to get all your permissions sorted out.
--bloxgate