Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazylemon's Coder Application
What position are you applying for (Development or Staff)?
Development

How old are you?

Known IC Names Or Ckey:
Ckey: crazylemon

What timezone are you in?
PST

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
I can get on the server on request, but I will probably not hang out on the server - I have schoolwork and other obligations to contend with.

How long have you been playing Space Station 13?
1 year

Have you ever been banned in the past?
No

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
No, only as an official Coder, for Paradise station, and briefly a maintainer.

*If you are applying for development, What skills do you have?( Mapping, coding or spriting etc.) 
Coding

*If you are applying for development, How long have you done Space Station 13 development?
9 months

*If you are applying for development, are you familiar with Git and GitHub?
Absolutely

*If you are applying as a coder, How long have you been coding and how well do you understand it?
6 years, and I understand many programming languages and methods. I am also capable of writing UIs using HTML, CSS and Javascript.

*If you are applying as a coder, What codebase are you familiar with?
Paradise mostly, though a little bit of tg from working with FTLstation

*If you are applying for development, have you made any major contributions to any code bases?

I have: I am also working on updating the python ByondTools, and am currently working on getting the parser working in hopes of making a compiler that'll beat the time of the official DM compiler by a landslide (10 minute compiles are no fun!) https://github.com/Crazylemon64/ByondToo...fix_parser

I also possess a skype, though I am not on it most of the time, unless I am running on Windows, and I also do not possess a microphone.
Glad to see you're interested in our project! Mainly we use Skype text chat so there is no need for a mic.
[Image: 76561198068836779.png]
Also once you send me your Skype and we can get down to Business !
[Image: 76561198068836779.png]
Your SS13 experience is perfect for a number of different features we've got. We have a space manager based off Chinsky's (heavily rewritten) overmap which allows for flyable ships and a huge traversable area. Our overmap is stable but a little adhoc in places. I'm also working on custom HUDs for vehicles including various types of dynamic overlays (and I'd like to see a sensor minimap added at some point). Once you get on Skype we'll be able to discuss it in more detail.