Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aroliacue's Shipmaster Job Ban
HALO: SPACE STATION EVOLVED BAN APPEAL FORUM

Your Byond/Ckey Username: Aroliacue

Your Discord Username: Aroliacue#1911

Your character name (if relevant): Ryto 'Volirai

Who were you banned by: SharkLordSatan (I think, I SSD'd as soon as I died but they're the one that messaged me when I returned)

Date of ban: 23/01/2022

Length of ban: Indefinite(?)

Full ban reason: Committing suicide as leadership role (Shipmaster)

Appeal details/ Why should you be unbanned: By the point I had committed suicide, the CRS had had half its atmosphere breached, we had lost the main bomb and the backup Slipspace Core bomb was what I assumed at the time to be missing on a Spirit, and all of our breaching pods/second Spirit were either used or destroyed. Medbay was completely gone. I was not aware that the Starboard Hangar was depressurized when I went in, and my lungs popped from it. At this point we had failed two attacks with very little progress made, and when I went back to Medbay to get Dexalin, there was apparently an Arbiter.

Now, I was never aware that comitting suicide was job-bannable as it isn't mentioned anywhere in the rules on Discord, and I haven't read over the rules listed in-game to see if it's any different. I was already 'dead' as my lungs were gone and I couldn't fix them without access to the operating room or the medical vendors, and my assumption was that the Arbiter would suffice as a backup Shipmaster (I will admit I was also malding at the time and just wanted to Alt+F4). I was ahealed after my first attempt but I was still not told that suicide was against the rules, and I SSD'd after my second (and successful) attempt.

I rejoined to get messaged by Shark that I was jobbanned from Shipmaster. Now, I never would've done something like this if I was a human as it'd thematically make no sense, but for Sangheili I assumed that my reasoning was good enough to justify it. Had I been told otherwise I wouldn't have attempted. This is entirely a mistake on my part as I should've ahelped it first, but I was seething too hard to think of that.
after looking at the logs and seeing your reasons ill lift the ban, just in the future try not kill yourself if you weren't ordered to do it as they were sent to support you and in your attempts to kill yourself ended up harming them too. Shipmaster role will cost the team 50 points so try to remember that.
[Image: 76561198068836779.png]