Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot
Your CKEY/BYOND username: AttackHelicopter6754

Admin's CKEY/BYOND username: Infernal Rat

Details of complaint:

All information can be found here in the google doc. More changes are possible to occur as an insight to community thoughts is still ongoing, and pending those currently offline.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UMn9...sp=sharing
(04-30-2020, 03:23 AM)GeneralZane Wrote: Your CKEY/BYOND username: AttackHelicopter6754

Admin's CKEY/BYOND username: Infernal Rat

Details of complaint:

All information can be found here in the google doc. More changes are possible to occur as an insight to community thoughts is still ongoing, and pending those currently offline.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UMn9...sp=sharing

I love the fact that you set this up so cleanly. I do not want to dissuade the usage of people using this format, as it really helps, but I want to point out a few issues with this document.

1# The censorship really lowers the credibility of the claims, as the chosen userbase could be corrupted. It also makes investigation much harder on our part when doing personal research into the matter.

2# Multiple members of the chosen userbase I would tag as invalid, either due to them being a banned user or they didn't answer any of the questions at all, instead opting for a rant.

3# This is put in a staff complaint but there is a lack of evidence from the claims aside from a few cases of rude behavior. I am not sure where to put this, but as a staff complaint, I really didn't want to spend an hour reading an opinion piece.

4# Violates rule 4 on posting in staff complaints, the thread will be allowed an exception this time.

As to the main topic at hand, I feel like a lot of anger is from a lack of transparency in our handling this from the staff perspective. Upper management sees great potential in ratty as an admin. They are highly active and tend to make good snap judgments the majority of times, without abuse or following troubles. When it comes to some situations, such as the incident where ratty made an announcement that they will stand their ground on the topic of their gender, they were reluctant to do it, but I, Crom/MactoPerFuror told them to do it, as there was and still is a campaign against ratty of constant and heavy harassment based on their gender. I could not stand a moment longer seeing them being treated so poorly with them just taking it silently.

Allow me to reiterate, this is NOT a case where they decided to abuse their authority to act like a kingpin threatening people over personal belief's, this was an attempt made to stifle harassment from a now-banned group of griefers. (these are also the people who have been ddos'ing the server and making constant spam accounts to annoy you on the server and discord.)

As to their hostile attitude, we have been addressing that as we go along. The road to being a great admin is not always an immediate result, there is training and time involved. The situation has not been ignored.
Before you delete this post or decide to ban me, allow me the freedom to defend myself and the players of Halo. Don't claim that I've been a bad moderator, considering I left your community on good terms and didn't directly attack the playerbase and its platforms (The Discord and the SS13 server).

I wish to chime in as an ex-moderator that got banished from Halo for leaking the logs of staff, who actively dissed players in ONI and in private while ensuring that said players couldn't and wouldn't be able to see those messages. Those logs have been sent to a lot of people, especially to some people on the Halo Staff team that agree with my stance on this subject.

General Zane has a solid, just standing in this instance, considering that everything listed in his google document is correct and doesn't come out of their ass. Crom, we spoke to one another in private twice regarding my resignation and decision to leave, which you blamed on ratty. Multiple times I explained to you that the issue isn't strictly him, that it's the way the community is ran, the carelessness of the staff team, and the multitude of absolutely bad decisions that got numerous donators and old-timers banned.

Crom, you personally told me in our DMs that ratty was to never get Administrator privileges, which you cannot deny, considering It's in the logs between me and you during our lengthy discussion. You claimed that Ratty couldn't differentiate "right from wrong", that they had issues and didn't know what they were doing wrong. You also claimed that you hated seeing them nag at me and attack me, one of the reasons you claimed to have spoken to them "numerous" times and that they were to be demoted from their position if they attacked me or another player one more time. You didn't hold that word, which I still think is a lie. When I came to you with my complaint that your staff was acting the way they did in ONI, you blamed ME for not telling people who were Head Admins and Senior Admins to not shit-talk players.

Ratty has always been a bad person, they cried victim on numerous occasions to get people they disliked banned. Used their moderator powers to their leverage, because YOU allowed them to do so while acknowledging that they were unjust. They were banned and kicked on numerous occasions in the past, shit-talked many people and are universally disliked by the community, though they do have a handful of friends on there that they talk to.

Throughout our conversation, I came to the conclusion that Ratty is unstable and mentally ill, considering that's how you described their actions. Let me just add one more thing though! You don't care about the outcome of this man's staff complaint, it'll be swept under the rug and ignored as is any other staff complaint. It's a factual statement, considering day one of my time as a mod, I got pulled into a conversation with Desolane and you. The way this works usually is when there is a complaint made against a certain staff member, you'll try to defend them religiously as to kill the flame that's been generated by their actions depending on the severity.

I'm going to end this by saying that you need to think this through this time around, don't defend people blindly, their activity doesn't make them a good staff member, nor that they can ban someone for coming in and spamming the n-word. What matters most are the actions of the player, both past and present, which in this case have always been rotten and malicious.

"1# The censorship really lowers the credibility of the claims, as the chosen userbase could be corrupted. It also makes investigation much harder on our part when doing personal research into the matter."

Censorship doesn't matter, these claims are correct on every level, this could easily be a moderator or administrator. Remember when I tried to deal with a sitatuion regarding Magnum, you pulled me into a VC with desolane to tell me how you don't trust me, and to question meif I've been leaking logs.

"2# Multiple members of the chosen userbase I would tag as invalid, either due to them being a banned user or they didn't answer any of the questions at all, instead opting for a rant."

Of course you'd ignore statements by banned members, they're obviously people who you shouldn't listen to because you don't really care about their standing regardless of the argument they'd make.

"3# This is put in a staff complaint but there is a lack of evidence from the claims aside from a few cases of rude behavior. I am not sure where to put this, but as a staff complaint, I really didn't want to spend an hour reading an opinion piece."

"Opinion pieces" is an understatement, you purposefully glance over the fact they've been banned a multitude of times for their behavior, then they became staff and started banning said players through claiming victimhood. There are logs upon logs, upon logs that you can sit there and delete all you want, but they are on the discord and any player can see Ratty's posts in both general and other open channels. Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments...height=481 - Just got sent to me, so I'm updating this.
https://i.imgur.com/AQKwYBx.png - Dude thinks he's being stalked online, really cements the idea he isn't alright, still shitting on me behind my back after I left the community and at a point where I was unable to join in and see what was being said. The server he's referring to is WarlordToby's server, which I joined in after MemeMachine and Bolter let me know that he did DnD runs and similar stuff to that. Why ratty brought up the channel thing was, is because every time I'd join a VC with him and other users, he'd mute himself and disconnect.
https://i.imgur.com/itr18al.png
https://i.imgur.com/yPpkjYS.png
https://i.imgur.com/tjnGZDW.png - There's a big shift in their behavior after I left, becoming more hostile and acting like they didn't censor themselves around me while I was still a staff member, they do that with everyone they dislike, acting nice and friendly up until the point the user they hate is banned. Look into that, it's a well-known fact.
https://i.imgur.com/ncHsVdX.png - Another piece of evidence for their rancid behavior never really changing.

This is recent stuff that you can view the date of.
It is a fact that this is an opinion piece. No evidence of wrongdoing has been shown, only asserted vaguely. If you want to drag people out to the streets for blood, make sure you base it on facts and evidence and not personal feelings or opinions. Being rude is not a reason for dismissal. Ratty has been talked too over the relevant bits and that's all that needs to be done right now. If you still want to wage a campaign against them make sure you do it my way if you want it approved, which is again, with actual evidence of wrongdoing. Rule 2 is a guideline, not a hard rule, otherwise, I would have to remove everyone who didn't smile every damn moment of the day.

I also see the irony of you arguing that someone treats people like trash when that is something you are very keen to do yourself, fanta.
(05-03-2020, 06:49 PM)MactoPerFuror Wrote: It is a fact that this is an opinion piece. No evidence of wrongdoing has been shown, only asserted vaguely. If you want to drag people out to the streets for blood, make sure you base it on facts and evidence and not personal feelings or opinions. Being rude is not a reason for dismissal. Ratty has been talked too over the relevant bits and that's all that needs to be done right now. If you still want to wage a campaign against them make sure you do it my way if you want it approved, which is again, with actual evidence of wrongdoing. Rule 2 is a guideline, not a hard rule, otherwise, I would have to remove everyone who didn't smile every damn moment of the day.

I also see the irony of you arguing that someone treats people like trash when that is something you are very keen to do yourself, Fanta.

This is the same exact way you treated our last Dm conversation, deflecting the points and ignoring the proof as to "not entertain". When you say that he posted an "opinion piece", you're discrediting every other staff report or ban appeal ever posted, no? This is the opinion of multiple players, including Zane's, that Ratty Riot isn't a good moderator and said moderator has proven to be a very unlikeable individual due to their conduct (which is a fact as there are numerous logs to back that up). And please answer this, if said person is absolutely great and they're an awesome moderator in your point of view, why did you want them banned, complaining how James "gets high" and then unbans them?

You're actively working against yourself in this situation and the server, especially by trying to ad hominem and basically act like I "treat people like trash", something I want you or any other user who doesn't agree with me to pull up in the form of logs and then post in here or send to me in my DMs. You have this chance to defend your words and post any set of logs where I've actively treated people the way ratty does, which again you'll never be able to pull up honest proof of. James isn't a bad person, I've never been rude to them and the same goes for you, though James did himself claimed: "I'm not any better than his staff" when I posted the logs of the large paragraphs in which they shit on banned players in ONI. He never provided me with any form of logs or proof that I'm on their level.

Treat this as an issue and don't deflect my questions and statements.

(Edit: Very interesting how you think that there are three versions for why I've left, and you are free to think so. I left as a joke and out of boredom when another member did it, then came back to voice my opinion on James' actions in the private staff discord and to post logs of your staff's bad conduct. You saying that "my staff is comprised of multiple toxic players and shitters" isn't the way to run a community, should've picked better staff if you're going to claim they're "toxic individuals". So far I've done my research and spoken to numerous people, both currently in your staff circle and banned members, now it's your turn to defend yourself or do research and provide me with proof of me talking bullshit.)

https://i.imgur.com/gbJ21NB.png

https://i.imgur.com/5UChEr9.png (Logs actually important for the discussion.)
"This is the opinion of multiple players, including Zane's,"

Glad you agree. I will not work based on opinions. It is like putting water in a diesel engine. Facts and evidence are the only acceptable forms of staff complaint as far as I am concerned.

And please stop inflating your arguments with conversations that are coming from anywhere but here, as it dilutes your argument into rambling nonsense. If you want to be taken seriously, then give me what I want, facts and evidence. I cannot be any more clear, maybe I should make a meme for you since you seem pretty capable of digesting those.

[Image: 3dbpPa0.png]

Feed me.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments...height=677 (Even a better list of messages! So Ratty baits people, something you clearly acknowledge by saying "If they walk into a mousetrap it's their issue"...hmm.)

You want to "build up" ratty into a moderator, but you obviously don't care about the community and the way it's run, you're ignoring my points and claiming "there is no evidence" so you're either ignoring the images posted and your own past statements while being ignorant about this entire situation. I'm not going to stop discussing this and I really think you should halt your attempts at avoiding having a discussion about this as you have done so far with me and many others. The logs I can pour in endlessly, and they'll hold more weight than anything you can post.

So far in your DM's you prefer to create strawmen and avoid people's points through exaggerating everything that's said.
There is nothing provided enough to remove them. The only working argument is 'they are toxic sometimes'. And I agree with that, they are. But that is a simple issue that can be worked out without having to strip them of rank. It is also the only thing in this thread that evidence has been posted. We are working to address that issue.

All of the other claims however have either been debunked or are lacking the evidence to back up the claims. The issues with the baiting, well, yeah. I cannot help you if you say a slur after being dared to say a slur, you still said it. The context of how you said it matters and frankly in that context, it was used as a slur so... it cannot be helped. Avoid saying slurs, it is not difficult. Treat people as equals. Nobody said it because they didn't want too in that incident.

And this is a staff complaint, it has rules and ways for it to be handled. Working on facts and evidence over opinions helps keep things clear and able to move forward in a positive fashion. Clearly, the only mistake here is allowing this post to evade rule 4. If you can make a proper staff complaint against ratty with a precise and clear focus on real wrongdoings then perceived notions, opinions of others and what have you, then we have a real case to work with. Instead this is just another piece for you to rant about your bias against an individual without even caring about a positive result. You want blood, but you will not have it.
"You want blood, but you will not have it."

Crom, the way they act isn't something new, it's been constant since the day they joined this community, being repeatedly banned or kicked for their behavior. The arguments provided by us are more than enough, haven't you been "building them up" for over a month now? You constantly claim to have been speaking to them, "slapping them around". Where does the "slapping around" end and where does the part where you punish a toxic moderator begin?

You claim that the other "claims have been debunked", yet so far you've not debunked a thing or posted proof of said claims being debunked. Why would you acknowledge that your moderator is actively baiting, and then going like "Ah, get angry man, you should tell them where they've done wrong and tell them to fix their behavior." That's your job to do, this exact statement you've made is the same as the one you made in my DM's, where you told me that as a moderator, I should've told the Head Admins such as Allakai and Desolane not to shittalk banned players or post logs of their DMs with banned players in ONI, to have made complaints and "defended" those players. Last time I defended a player, I got pulled into a VC with you and Desolane and then told: "do not to speak to Emoney, cut ties with your friends because they're having a bad influence on you"

You're going to drag this community into a deeper hole through your inaction and conduct, it's already showing with how many players are actually there to play. No one cared about the event you had been planning for the weekend, because the community isn't having fun, while the server isn't or being ran as it should be. These complaints will never end, if it's not me it'll be someone else.

You inaction right now will just further cement the idea that staff complaints don't do jack shit.
(05-03-2020, 08:10 PM)MactoPerFuror Wrote: "This is the opinion of multiple players, including Zane's,"

Glad you agree. I will not work based on opinions. It is like putting water in a diesel engine. Facts and evidence are the only acceptable forms of staff complaint as far as I am concerned.

And please stop inflating your arguments with conversations that are coming from anywhere but here, as it dilutes your argument into rambling nonsense. If you want to be taken seriously, then give me what I want, facts and evidence. I cannot be any more clear, maybe I should make a meme for you since you seem pretty capable of digesting those.

[Image: 3dbpPa0.png]

Feed me.
I'd just like to point out, the community's opinion of administration should matter to you as well. For example. Let's say we have an Administrator named Jones. Jones does his job and does his job well. He bans rule breakers. Jones however, acts like a total dick to the entire community, but has never broken any rules. Because of Jones, people are beginning to protest and boycott the server, but is being defended because he is being 'built up' into a good person. Jones's behavior has never changed since when he joined and has caused people to leave even during his administration. Is Jones a good administrator because he does his job regardless?