Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Complaint about CommanderXor
With a grand total of TWO Covenant on, the lone ONI scientist played by Xor proceeded to build a warmech and a bramble thicket of tank traps and barb wire. Even after telling the Covenant AI to try and get them to surrender, they chose instead to abuse their HRUNTING to single-handedly powergame their way to victory with impossible to breach defenses for the (again) TWO COVENANT ON.

This sort of toxic, powergame defense is appalling, especially so on lowpop with virtually nobody on.
Alright, suppose I'll post what happened from my end.

At round start we had two researchers(one being myself) and the other being a guard. The guard went off to find the artifact at roundstart. Myself and the other researcher started doing xenobotany. The guard didn't report in and around the 50 minute mark the UNSC said they were engaged with Covenant in orbit, note, it was only a single marine. I went looking for the guard and found them dead, we also found the artifact. Moved it to the lab and did an autopsy and bagged the body. The other researcher then left the game during this leaving me as the only ONI.

Covenant made land fall and I walked over towards the entrance where you then proceeded to wordlessly try and shoot me 2-3 times with a beam rifle. A unarmed, unarmoured researcher. A single hit would have critted me and killed me without treatment, much less 2-3. I retreated down to the sublevel where I then queued mech parts and started building it. I didn't have one ready, I started building one AFTER you shot me. I placed some tank-traps down and wire at the choke point on the sublevel to slow you. You and a Kig-Yar then came down and engaged me. I killed the Kig-Yar and you retreated. Several times you came down with an SRS and a SSR and fired on me after you looted the heavy armoury. Multiple times my mech was nearly destroyed and I had to retreat to repair.

At some point you decided to head up stairs, literally shoot yourself in the head and then ghost over to me and started harassing me resulting in a server wide DSAY, LOOC and OOC mute. Anywho, the rest of the round was a multitude of several Kig-Yar, T'vaoans, a Sangheili and a Brute launching assaults on my position. One of them released phoron which resulted in more Covenant deaths and injuries.

Point is, you engaged me instantly with a near one-hit-kill weapon, several times over. I'm not sure why you are angry at me for building a counter and then attempting to defend myself, which took plenty of time allowing you to counter it.
When I saw a human, I did what came naturally as Covenant: I fired at you.

When I missed and realized you were just a researcher, I tried to be nice and not instantly delete your round by having the AI offer you a chance to surrender.

Then I had to wait for the Kig-Yar to get tools.

By the time the two of us got downstairs, you'd turned it into a barbwire, tank-trap hellpit that we had zero chance of taking on by ourselves, and threw a HRUNTING into the mix. I had no chance against it with the weapons I had, because every time you lit me up with shotgun blasts I had to go spend upward of a minute picking shrapnel out and treating my injuries. I had zero chance of defeating you in that mech, because they are effectively invulnerable to everything that isn't a fuel rod cannon, which I didn't have access to, or a rocket launcher, which didn't seem super fair, though I did eventually resort to it.

And even when I did hit it, you yourself said you ran off to repair, meaning I still had no method of dealing with the tank traps liberally splashed about and actually trying to finish off the mech or do anything besides sit there and die. I eventually ghosted out while in pain crit rather than continue a literally pointless combat against someone who was powergaming that heavily.
The story sounds fair and the accuser sounds like they have anger issues to the point of needing to be muted from the round. I am invalidating this complaint.

However, I would like to add to slow down on the tank traps as they are powergamey due to current issues with them which will be patched in a future date.