Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spartan Application: Loaf
CKEY: Loafe

Timezone: GMT-5

Discord name (eg Bob#123): Loaf#5101

How long have you been a Whitelisted ODST?: 2-ish months and 3 months before an interstitial break

Have you ever been banned here, or on other servers?: No

Do you understand and agree to follow the rules linked above, as well as the Faction Rules of the UNSC and the Server Rules? Yes

Do you understand that whitelisted Spartans are expected to comment on and observe the conduct of other Spartans and Spartan Applicants, on the forums as well as discord? Yes

Name of the Spartan you want to play (Name-000. Try and avoid commonly known numbers like -117.): Clayton-055

Explain what you would do in the following scenarios and why:

Scenario 1:

You’re on the ONI Aegis and the ONI RD requests a Sierra team to deploy to VT9, as the covenant have been spotted and are attacking. They have not breached the gate and it is unclear as to the size of their forces. What do you do?

Contact the RD and request more information, including the approximate size of the enemy force, and likewise whether they have requisitioned help from Marines or ODSTs from the Light Brigade first. If the force attacking is large enough, and marine and ODST reinforcements have already been defeated, I would deploy with the standing objective of securing ONI intelligence, enacting the Cole Protocol on the base, and securing the research director. 

Scenario 2:

You’re on the ONI Aegis and receive an urgent request from a Platoon Leader to deploy onto the UNSC Warship as the Insurrectionists have deployed a sizeable force and are taking control of the ship, and arming the nuclear device as they request assistance. What do you do?

Since time is of the essence if the nuclear device is indeed armed, I would ensure that the Platoon Leader is the acting CO, and deploy to secure the nuclear device and kill any Insurrectionists along the way. Since the Insurrectionists have boarded the vessel, and reached the nuclear device, it is presumed that the force is large enough to warrant a response and the marine defense is already dead.

Scenario 3:

You’ve been deployed on a mission to give the covenant back their bomb. You manage to arm the bomb, but your fellow spartan has been cut down and his body is being dragged away by the Covenant towards an escape pod. What do you do?

Leave the bomb to engage the forces capturing the MJOLNIR equipment, and recover the Spartan's corpse. After ensuring the destruction of the armor through the internal self destruct mechanism, I would then return to the bomb to ensure the detonation of the device, accomplishing my mission and preventing the loss of MJOLNIR equipment. 

Alternatively, knowing defusal time requirements for Antimatter bombs, if the timer was less than 60 seconds, I would engage the Covenant taking the corpse and protect the body, likely near an escape pod. Just before the detonation of the bomb, I would either load the corpse into an escape pod with me or leave the body on the ship to be turned to ash by the antimatter bomb, taking the pod to safety, completing my objective, and ensuring the destruction or recovery of the technology. Once on the ground, I would requisition a ship from nearby UNSC forces for transport back to the Light Brigade.
Loafe is a good bean. Even if he's gay and cringe, I think he'd make for a decent spartan.
-031 is invalid as canonically it belonged to Otto-031.

Other than that, I haven't really seen anything bad from you and Sleepy's approval sets you up a notch.

Please either comment a new number or edit the post and @ me on discord.
approved
[Image: 76561198068836779.png]