Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Heretic's Lore Master/Wiki Maintainer Applicaiton
Wiki/Lore Maintainer  Format:

Ckey: DexterDude

Discord Name: Heretic#0854

Time Zone: EST

How much experience do you have with the game: Quite a bit. I joined back in (late) 2018 and have mostly been playing Covenant, but have played a bit of the other factions too.

How much experience do you have with wiki work: Not too much, but I've started doing stuff for the Covenant pages recently and I believe I'm getting the hang of it.

Prior Work (if applicable): I've done a bit of work all around the wiki, mostly Covenant but you can check histories or changes.

If you are applying for Lore Master, Describe your in depth knowledge of the series: It's hard to describe a certain knowledge if you know so much, but the summary is I like to read halo books, comics and I like to wiki gremlin. (I.E going to one page, looking at stuff, seeing another link and going to that once I'm done with said page). 

If you are applying for Lore Master, Are you able to follow the creative development of the server and to actively give out suggestions or comments?: I hopefully am going to be able to do such! I've sorta done that in my time of playing, almost every player has given out suggestions and comments for the development in the server.

If you are applying for Lore Master, Can you contribute to the wiki actively?: I've started to contribute so far, so I believe I can contribute actively enough to be both Wiki Maintainer and Lore Master.

Prior Work (if applicable): I've done prior work on the wiki and can make up my own lore. I've done a bit on halo fanon when I was bored and craving something to do other than just mull around. I'm not going to directly link it because it wasn't the best due to me not actually putting much effort into it, but I will do my best to put effort into this.
<p><br></p>
Hello, thank you for making this application. I have seen you around quite a bit since my time on HaloStation and I can certainly without any doubts that you fit many things befitting one I can trust with lore. You are a helpful and wonderful member of the community and a passionate member of the Covenant faction. I do have some minor questions, while these won’t effect my decision to accept this application it will at least give me a general idea of what you have planned as we move forward in the future with our Fanon (which I actually have never heard that used before but I like the word.)

I apologize for taking so long getting to this application and it has slipped my mind.
That weird admin people know for doing mildly silly events with some normal ones too.

[Image: unknown.png]
(12-29-2019, 08:19 PM)Allakai Wrote: Hello, thank you for making this application. I have seen you around quite a bit since my time on HaloStation and I can certainly without any doubts that you fit many things befitting one I can trust with lore. You are a helpful and wonderful member of the community and a passionate member of the Covenant faction. I do have some minor questions, while these won’t effect my decision to accept this application it will at least give me a general idea of what you have planned as we move forward in the future with our Fanon (which I actually have never heard that used before but I like the word.)

I apologize for taking so long getting to this application and it has slipped my mind.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my application. It's both a wiki maintainer application and a lore master application, so I'm unsure as to if someone else accepts the other half of it or I am just unable to apply for both at a time as well. Regardless of that, I'd be open to hearing these questions from you.

- I also apologize for taking long to respond to it as well. Holidays mixed with just being busy at the time in general and all.
<p><br></p>
Ah that is understandable. I believe given part of this application is a lore master application. But I believe mostly I respond to and handle these. Given as the wiki HAS the lore to be in it, it behooves me to handle this.

Anyhow, for the lore it is generally following loosely on Halo obviously. Though the main thing I look for is how all three factions will be going forward.

The Covenant are a heavily religious cult that has a few free thinkers within it that struggle with their species variety of ways of life. How do you intend to explore further on them in a way that doesn’t seem overly oppressive OOCly yet still hold true to their base traits?

The UNSC is the beacon of hope in the galaxy. Fighting a multi-front war where they are being internally torn apart yet trying to keep peace. How will they continue forward from here?

The URF struggles with two problems. They wish to fight against the oppressive UEG but are also against a threat that will legitimately wipe out ALL of humanity. How will they continue their revolution without ultimately damaging humanity’s chances of survival? Or do they not care?
That weird admin people know for doing mildly silly events with some normal ones too.

So, this is a little vague and I don't know how to respond so I'll just say how I'll end up trying to improve the quality of lore and roleplay of both factions.

Really the Covenant as a whole is fine in terms of roleplay (though they don't really have any lore.) with the exception of a few bad eggs. The only way I can see to improve them is just adding fluff stuff to the wiki to try to inspire roleplay within the faction. I've already added tiny bits to one of the wiki sections but it really wasn't my place then to add in lore so I just did minimal stuff.

Doing URF now. In a way I'd say the URF doesn't quite care as the Covenant is wiping out the humans that oppress them for the most part, and only would defend themselves if it's their own colony under threat. I can't speak for everyone in this though and I know the URF does sometimes ally with the UNSC. The best I think I could do is just brainstorming a few rebel cells and 'making' them and allowing people to ICly pick from what rebel cell they are from (it's weird to have a bunch of rebels together from different cells, but think of the syndicate. They hate each other and have different ideals, but their goal is the same so they team up.) and if someone dislikes the current cells they can pick their own.

The UNSC I'm at a loss for really. I think they way they are currently going is fine, as they can choose what to do and there is no big lore for the baldies to keep on. I assume I could do the same as the Covenant and add some fluff stuff, but I think that's the best I can do for the faction.

For all of these I'd probably ask the factions (due to UEG senator) what kind of lore they want in and don't (and then ignore them lol)
<p><br></p>
Hello, I am immensely sorry for not responding to this for so long. Given, I had accepted this already and most of this was mild questioning. Again, I greatly apologize for taking so long to finish this.

Thank you greatly for posting this application, Heretic! I appreciate your drive for this community, the want to expand on the community by joining the Senate. being aboard the wiki team, and now being a lore contributor for our server and wiki!

Accepted!