Poll: Should I be a Covenant Officer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
2 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heretic's Sangheili Zealot app
Ckey: DexterDude

Discord name (username####): Heretic#0854

Character Name(s): Flapyap, Vox

How long have you been a member of the Covenant Faction?
Starting 2020, roughly 3 years or so. Probably 2 years if you round up.

What are some examples of good Covenant Roleplay that you have been a part of?
I mostly play Unggoy Deacon if that is anything to go by. I don't have good examples to display here because that would be awkward, but it's mostly just the common small stuff such as lore stuff and others. It's hard to get good roleplay, so I just do small stuff wherever I can.

Do you understand the Faction Rules?
Yep I do. Last time I broke them was when the missionary box-ship was a thing and I exploded it in an Unggoy Rebellion.

Do you understand that you are not above the Covenant law, and may be persecuted for not following the Faction Rules?
I sure do understand this, and if anything I'm held to higher expectations due to my /potential/ status as a Covenant Officer.

Do you understand that you can be removed from the whitelist at any given time, based on your behavior, even when not playing the role you applied for?
I do understand this and hope it won't come to that.

What do you think your job is as the role you are applying for?
Well, it depends. For the shipmaster/zealot role, it's to command the Sangheili and all other races below you to battle, but not directly involve in battle yourself unless it is absolutely necessary. To me this is a command role only, not an advanced combat role and it should be played as such. Immediately deploying to dual sword slash UNSC is a no-go. On the other side, the job is to ALSO make sure people that are within the Covenant faction follow the rules properly, and report them to staff and or the Faction Leader if they do break these rules intentionally. You essentially lead the entire faction when in-game, so it's a really big role that requires a bit of responsibility both in game and in the Discord.

Why should you be whitelisted?
I don't quite see why not. I'm not someone who can be too terribly active a lot of the time, but that goes the same for most Covenant officers, as I never see anyone playing shipmaster in game despite this whole job being mostly that. Aside from that, I main Unggoy Deacon when possible and I typically am assigned command of the ship when the Ultra goes groundside and I do a pretty good job at it, even being a sole member of the Covenant that is on board the ship. I've made good decisions before and have scored a few wins for the covenant due to my presence and leadership. While I may not play Sangheili often, I do know their lore vastly and am capable of playing one well, and will even go so far as to following their honor code without any actual rules in-game to do so. Aside from that, I'm a pretty good leader, on par with most Sangheili Ultra in that regard.
<p><br></p>

While you're a very old player, I think you haven't really stood out since you came back. You've been mainly sticking to non-elite roles and haven't been playing often. While it's true that people don't regularly play their SM characters, it's hard to really recommend you if there's no great track record to point out.

I think you should take some time playing elite and making more of a name for yourself as a good leader before you apply for SM.
(12-22-2019, 08:07 PM)Boltersam Wrote: -1.

While you're a very old player, I think you haven't really stood out since you came back. You've been mainly sticking to non-elite roles and haven't been playing often. While it's true that people don't regularly play their SM characters, it's hard to really recommend you if there's no great track record to point out.

I think you should take some time playing elite and making more of a name for yourself as a good leader before you apply for SM.

Alright. I can kinda agree with this.
<p><br></p>
To me, Fupfup is a great roleplayer and to have him be in a roleplay ship-based role will be fantastic. Though I only see you play Unggoy deacon, could you translate your experience to playing Sangheili? I would say that we need to encourage people like them, instead of turning them down for a better RP focused faction so it's a +1 from me.
(12-24-2019, 03:16 AM)pepega_lad Wrote: To me, Fupfup is a great roleplayer and to have him be in a roleplay ship-based role will be fantastic. Though I only see you play Unggoy deacon, could you translate your experience to playing Sangheili? I would say that we need to encourage people like them, instead of turning them down for a better RP focused faction so it's a +1 from me.

Sorry to disappoint, but I play Deacon Flapyap not Deacon Fupfup.

I don't play too terribly often so I can see how you mistook me, though I like to think of myself to be on par with Fupfup in terms of roleplay capability.
<p><br></p>
denied
[Image: 76561198068836779.png]
Boltersam has raised a few points that I agree with. While playing deacon is certainly a low-tier roleplay role, your authority is not as strong as an elite. I suggest playing elite roles more important, make yourself known as a reliable element and eventually, you may be accepted as a shipmaster. Being present is a thing, fulfilling your duties is something entirely different.

Consider this app to be denied, try again later after you have proved yourself to be a capable Sangheili player.