Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toast's ODST Application
Ckey: Sir Toast

Timezone: Mountain Standard Time (UTC-7)

Discord Name: King Toast

Character(s): Rios Winslow

How does your character interact with the world around them and the people in it?: Rios is your typical cocky rifleman. He cracks jokes at inappropriate times, however he does not disobey orders unless he really feels that it could be a waste of time or a bad move. He cares deeply about his squad and does all he can to make sure dead bodies, and dog tags are returned, and triple checking pulses. Rios takes charge whenever it is required, leading and calling in orders if leadership is absent, and of course has all the normal human emotions you would expect which especially includes anger if too many UNSC casualties appear. Finally, Rios has a tendency to charge ahead of his squad into danger even when the odds are stacked against him to keep fighting until he can no longer stand which this part of his personality has lead him to volunteer for the ODST.

Provide a brief description of your character: Born on Sol, Rios did not have the best childhood. Growing up in a city that had a lack of jobs, Rios did not acquire much skills and was forced to basically do simple one-off jobs and live with his family into adulthood. Rios always had a thing for adrenaline, and while living with his family would frequently do parkour and ride motorcycles on rolling hills, jumping off ramps and the like. At some point during his mid to late age of 18, Rios joined with the UNSC Marines due to his family not able to support him anymore. 

Do you understand that members of this whitelist are held to a higher standard of roleplay?: Yes

Do you understand that if your behavior is deemed inappropriate you will be removed from the whitelist?: Yes

Do you understand that breaking a server rule can remove you from this whitelist permanently?: Yes
Now Rios is a good trooper....but he really needs to cool down with how cocky he his. Usually he'll yawn or role eyes at superiors when they say a plan, that's perfectly fine for a marine but for an ODST that would never fly. That's the only bad thing I could really say, but when they start fighting they're one of the best marines to have around. They do follow (most of the times) orders and can even be trusted to lead a small squad of marines to patrol GC or even take over once the PL has been killed. The only bad thing I could possible think of saying is from the whitelist it's self, not following orders because you feel they're bad is a really no no thing to do as ODST. I've never had this happen with Chen (my pl character), but I could imagine some other PL gave orders that seemed off and Rios refused to follow them. Again, that's perfectly alright as a marine and can even be fine as ODST (if the PL, CO, or XO are real idiots), but it would be frowned upon from my point of view. To sum it up, Rios is a great marine but he'll need a slight behavior tweek for ODST, if they can do it they would be the ideal ODST trooper that people would trust.
(11-18-2019, 03:38 PM)Sandvich Wrote: Now Rios is a good trooper....but he really needs to cool down with how cocky he his. Usually he'll yawn or role eyes at superiors when they say a plan, that's perfectly fine for a marine but for an ODST that would never fly. That's the only bad thing I could really say, but when they start fighting they're one of the best marines to have around. They do follow (most of the times) orders and can even be trusted to lead a small squad of marines to patrol GC or even take over once the PL has been killed. The only bad thing I could possible think of saying is from the whitelist it's self, not following orders because you feel they're bad is a really no no thing to do as ODST. I've never had this happen with Chen (my pl character), but I could imagine some other PL gave orders that seemed off and Rios refused to follow them. Again, that's perfectly alright as a marine and can even be fine as ODST (if the PL, CO, or XO are real idiots), but it would be frowned upon from my point of view. To sum it up, Rios is a great marine but he'll need a slight behavior tweek for ODST, if they can do it they would be the ideal ODST trooper that people would trust.

Yeah I plan to actually change my characters attitude when (and if) I get accepted for ODST. Mainly will be a lot more obedient and not make any scene as an ODST due to the training he will be put through. Can't say Rios wont be any less cocky when it comes to FIGHTING though, since its part of his personality.
Winslow's good at combat, but he avoids doing ship-side combat or manning any console, ever. Wouldn't affect them as an ODST, so overall a plus in my book.

Also stop teasing me about the receding hairline.
given what i've seen of you in game, and the helpful reviews written here, i'm willing to sponsor you. Consider this approved, unless another officer has something to say about it.
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ydqnUQZ.png[/img]

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/CjCN2Nr.png[/img]

Master Sergant Ava Greenshield

UNSC MARINE CORPS
ORBITAL DROP SHOCK TROOPERS
approved
[Image: 76561198068836779.png]