Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CommanderXor's Shipmaster Application
Ckey: CommanderXor

Discord name : Xor#1100

Character Name(s): Vex, Khoro 'Vontakee, Harper Bakerson, a ONI researcher and like one throw-away URF character I played once.

How long have you been a member of the Covenant Faction?: Roughly a month, though I was initially whitelisted in 2017 but I didn't play and had to reapply this year.

What are some examples of good Covenant Roleplay that you have been a part of?:
Most of my rounds have been action based or being shown the ropes of the faction, but one of the best rounds I ever had that was heavy roleplay based was when we deployed a small fire team onto VT. It consisted of myself - a Skirmisher - a brute major along with a spirit troop carrier and a wraith gun carriage. ONI staff had setup inside the compound and a ONI guard was on the machine gun. The artefact was not located within the caverns so I tried to organise for the brute to disable the emplacement so we could take the marine alive and interrogate him for information.

The gun carriage injured them and I sprinted in before applying a stunprod and dragging them off behind the wraith and starting to restrain them. At this point a mech appeared from the base and charged us. It was however instantly destroyed by the gun carriage and the person within stumbled towards us, the ONI RD. I quickly baton'd and captured them. We extracted them along with another ONI Researcher however the researcher died and the marine ghosted. What led was over a hour of interrogation and general RP with the human resulting in us luring a Spartan onto the ship - which resulted in one death, my own - as two brutes and several unggoy quickly managed to overpower the spartan. It was probably the best experience I've had to date, given both sides actually RPed out and didn't just instantly bomb eachother's ships which led to the RD being released and the Spartan's body used as a trophy by the Brutes.

Do you understand the Faction Rules?: I do understand the faction rules.

Do you understand that you are not above the Covenant law, and may be persecuted for not following the Faction Rules?: I understand this.

Do you understand that you can be removed from the whitelist at any given time, based on your behavior, even when not playing the role you applied for?: I understand this as well.

What do you think your job is as the role you are applying for?: Well, it is the shipmaster. They are the main commanding officer on the ship and are in control of it, and the assigned crew. They are there to ensure that the crew are acting to their orders and law, and are attempting to have the mission objectives be completed while keeping the ship intact, and any of the prophet's wishes made true to the best of their ability. They also control the on board plasma projector and when it should be utilised along with authorising the deployment of the antimatter bomb, and when needed, the destruction of the ship to prevent it falling into heretic hands. They can also speak GalComm, so unofficially I suppose they can handle interrogations, but it isn't in their job description per say.

Why should you be whitelisted?: Well, I like to think that we could always use shipmasters, double so for alternative timezones. I think that I should be whitelisted however as I want to help make the rounds more enjoyable. I want to help lead the faction to victory, but I also want to help lift up more roleplay in the faction. I've noticed that there is a lot of roleplay within the faction itself, but it is rare in inter-faction. I suppose that is mostly due to the server and setting, but there's a large opportunity to increase more. Like the above situation where the ONI RD was captured, interrogated and used as a lure was fun for everyone involved. I want to see more stuff like that, prisoners and interrogations and other things that could spice up a round and make it more enjoyable for everyone involved.
+1
good app, khoro is a goodie
approved
[Image: 76561198068836779.png]