Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zergursh - Mentor application

Ckey: Zergursh

Discord Name: Zergursh#9064 

Time Zone: GMT (UK/Ireland timezone)

How much experience do you have with the game:
In terms of records, the oldest recorded image that was related to this server was in 17/9/2018, though my account was made in May 20th, 2017, leaving me with 2+ years of experience with SS13. My first server was Yogstation, which I played for about 4 months frequently, before moving onto CM. After playing that for 3 or so months, I had about 4 months Administrating on Lebensraum (and indirectly, Stalker RP because of it), before taking a long break from the game after Lebensraum was shut down. Halostation was the spark that lit my passion again, and I'd want to return the favour, by giving my time to help other players like myself, looking for their ideal fun server. As for Halostation itself, my expertise in knowledge lie mainly in the medicine and unconventional side of warfare. Riley was my first (and only) student for Medicine, and we both learned new things and improved our crafts as a result. I also try to help correct people on their mistakes and unnecessary actions in deadchat where applicable, such as being too passive or not keeping the right distance from certain enemy types (like shotgunners). As for factions...

UNSC - UNSC were my first faction, and where I mainly learned the game. I quickly became an ODST in my first week of playing (not a very good one, could barely kill flood mobs) and improved all I could. I was an ODST Medic (in the 4th squad, I believe) which made my rank automatically HM3. I was ODST Medic for, about two months, give or take, and left about 3 days before the ODST Private Discord was discovered (though, I was made URF only around 3 weeks later). I've been adminspawn Spartan on a few occasions, and generally play as a sarcastic dickhead when not doing anything serious. Being 'tacticool' all the time just isn't my style.

URF - URF are my second and current faction, and where I started to really improve my technical knowledge and skill with the game. I created the original URF Commando lore, which was later expanded upon by Walaski, and then modified by Eluxor to fit his faction (still ongoing). I've had the most fun in the game as a URF terrorist, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Now, as a URF, I've learned to play for my own fun and satisfaction, not to win. After all, losing is fun, and losing with satisfaction is more fufilling then winning easily. I usually play Artyom and Horace, though sometimes play other stereotypes for my own entertainment.

Covenant - While I've never joined the Covenant faction, I often play their unwhitelisted roles, mainly Jackal (my character is Bum). They have by far the highest skill ceiling in the game for most of their mechanics. For instance, a new player may not realise that the hand shield exists, while an inexperienced one may understand how to activate it, and an experienced player may understand how to best use it with face direction. I don't try to direct people into becoming masters (people are free to do what they want), but I often try and bridge the gap between inexperienced and experienced, giving other plays vital advice in LOOC (such as how to face lock direction as Jackal) Knowing is half the battle, and the rest of the battle is having some fun. I will someday join the Covenant faction once I'm bored with URF, though that day is nowhere in sight at the moment.

Prior Work (if applicable): 

Lebensraum - A dead project based on recreating the events of WW2, with the project lead being Harcourt (and 4 other Councillors who I've long since forgotten)  This was my first (and so far, only) administrator position, and the administration to player ratio was about 1:25 on highpop rounds. Moderators weren't an official rank in Lebensraum in terms of server, so I started as an Admin (but was usually referred to as a moderator). In about 2-3 months, I'd risen to the rank of Head Administrator, sharing the rank with Outboarduniform (Who is in the Halostation discord, if you wish to confirm any information). Mentors also weren't a thing, but due to the general simplicity of the game, they were rarely needed/requested and admins usually handled help requests at the lowest priority (many people did not receive any answer. The ticket system relied on chat and not verb, so if you weren't reading chat, you'd have to scroll up to find the ahelp, which admins would rarely do). Admins generally didn't deadmin, due to the small number of staff and large number of players (had to always be answering Ahelps, even mid-game)

Stalker RP -  A side project with strong ties to the old Lebensraum council, I was asked to play as a higher RP then usual whitelist role (Duty Faction Officer) and was often in contact with the staff team in order to sort out minor round details. Occasionally, I was also given moderator a few times to help with mass influx of new players. I was never too active due to Lebensraum, but I assisted new players where I could in the absence of admins. A fun and nice lowpop experience, mainly focused on mob fighting and scavenging for stashes and equipment. I didn't usually interact much with the project leads and hosts. I'm not sure how they ended up after all this time. 
Accepted.