• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Specter56 SPARTAN App
CKEY:Specter56

Timezone:GMT+13

Discord name (eg Bob#123):Regan#8548

How long have you been a Whitelisted ODST?:
 Accepted into the ODSTs 12-23-2018

Have you ever been banned here, or on other servers?:
Banned once over on Bad Death-claw due to the escalation rule.

Do you understand and agree to follow the rules linked above, as well as the Faction Rules of the UNSC and the Server Rules?
Yes.

Do you understand that whitelisted Spartans are expected to comment on and observe the conduct of other Spartan, on the forums as well as discord?
Yes

Name of the Spartan you want to play (Name-000. Try and avoid commonly known numbers like -117.):
Cody-003

Explain what you would do in the following scenarios and why:

Scenario 1:

You’re on the ONI Aegis and the ONI RD requests a Sierra team to deploy to VT9, as the covenant have been spotted and are attacking. They have not breached the gate and it is unclear as to the size of their forces. What do you do?

prepare for a rapid deployment and assess known information enemy force size, status of the defense and its defenders. there is no need to deploy Spartans unless the base gate falls and the security force is overwhelmed by numbers equipment. or superior tactics or all of the above.
if the time came to deploy ideally we'd drop into the AO. rapidly approach the flanks of hostile attackers. cause as much devastation as possible then EVAC out after the initial attack has been broken and enemy forces have been routed. (and after Assuring Critical ONI Assets are secure.)
Scenario 2:

You’re on the ONI Aegis and receive an urgent request from a Platoon Leader to deploy onto the UNSC Warship as the Insurrectionists have deployed a sizeable force and are taking control of the ship, and arming the nuclear device as they request assistance. What do you do?

Confirm that the platoon lead is the ACO on-board the warship. then assess the situation. Taking control of the ship suggests the UNSC and ODSTs have already tired and failed to repel the Insurrectionists forces from boarding the warship and taking key locations on the ship. and while it is not a priority to ensure UNSC warships survival or continuation of operations in the sector. the ships fate is directly linked to the fate of future operations for oni and spartans in the sector. if the UNSC falls ONI is in danger of being discovered if insurrectionist forces discover the nav chip. without the Marines and ODSTS of the Light brigade spartans may face a ramp up in deployments if hostile forces discover the classified ONI site on VT9.
to prevent possible discovery of ONI and to safeguard ONI's interest and operations in the sector. I would deploy. a quick in and out, to secure the bomb and UNSC's continued command of the UNSC Warship. then go back to standby on the prowler.
Scenario 3:

You’ve been deployed on a mission to give the covenant back their bomb. You manage to arm the bomb, but your fellow spartan has been cut down and his body is being dragged away by the Covenant towards an escape pod. What do you do?

I would be forced to chase after my Battle Buddy to ensure that the classified gear that I and my battle buddy carries is secure. either by destruction. or by the return of the gear to the prowler. if i managed to prevent my battle buddy from being taken i would take the option that was more viable. 
Either A. Destruction of the gear Via completion of my mission. defend the bomb to the bitter end. ensuring the destruction of cov forces in the sector (if EVAC is not possible for whatever reason.) and the destruction of My gear, and the gear of my fellow spartan.
B. Evac with my fellow spartan and his gear. failing my mission in-order to uphold protection of classified gear. I will not be able to deploy again with out somebody to team with me.
There are many ways this situation could go with the many factors found in the field. but these are the choices i'd within reason make.
"...First time a kids been among them" Terry Blackburn - Aftermath of Episode 777 Downfall of Sanity.
Scenario 1:

I like that you mentioned the enemy numbers, but the most important part to gain from this Scenario is that you must get a valid mission from the RD. Nothing vague. The RD hasn't specifically asked you to do anything other than 'deploy' in this scenario. You'd want to confirm what they want - break the siege and push the enemy away, helping collect all classified documents and activating the self-destruct, etc.

Scenario 2:

You picked up that the wording of the scenario implies that both the force and failed UNSC attempt it there, good. However you still need to get this valid mission from the aCO - it can be as simple as Getting the nuke disarmed or ensuring the boarders are repelled, but you still need one.

Scenario 3:

Those are both very reasonable responses to this scenario. One thing to note that as of this posting, Spartan Self-Destruct has been implemented so that's an option. Not holding it against you.

I personally know that you are a good player, roleplayer, and as being ex-staff will follow the rules to the best of your ability. However, I'm specifically trying to avoid my own personal bias in these decisions and I found that I needed to remind you of things in Scenario 1 and 2 a bit too much.

I'm going to direct the Spartans here to comment on your app and see what they think. For now:

Scenario 4:

You've been given a direct order by the CO to take the chance to board the Covenant Warship via boarding pods, and cripple it from within by destroying either the shield-generator, overloading the slipspace, or detonating their anti-matter bomb. You know that an ODST team failed to do this earlier and that the ship is crawling with the Covenant. However, just as you and your team are about to deploy, the aRD calls out and asks for urgent assistance - the Covenant has just broken through the front gate and obliterated any defenders. The aRD wants you to simply assist in securing classified data including the nav chip, as well as detonating the site's self-destruct.

What do you do here and why?
Terry's a good RP'er and ODSt all around. felt scenario 1 response was abit basic but it showed an understanding of deployment procedures, Scenario 2 is fine and number 3 is also fine.

Overall its a 1+ from me fo today
Scenario 4 Answer:

For scenario 4 i'd have to put the objectives of the CO to the side or completely abandon the mission given by the CO in flavor of the objective set by the RD under sector priority 3. To protect ONI Data/personal/Intel.
before or during deployment (if possible) I would probably inquire about if it was vital i secured the data intact. or if the objective was just to make sure it did not fall into the wrong hands. Depending on the answer it could lead me to two outcomes A. I have to make sure the information and data is quickly and safely evaced off site without damage. or B. i have to make sure the data is accounted for and ready to be destroyed to prevent capture.

But overall main goal would be to get to sublevel 1 in order to ensure Nav data is secure and sublevel 2 is not compromised. Most likely using the coms site direct tunnel to ONI Sublevel 1 to infiltrate the facility. it is most likely faster than trying to fight through the cov forces, this also opens up a possible evacuation route for ONI personal. afterwards it would simply be a matter of arming the nuke and defending it (and the Data) until the nuke is ready to blow. Evacing out the way we came in (Com tunnel) if possible.

as a optional goal for me. it would be within my Spartans priority to help secure living ONI personal, while not stated as my objective for the operation it is still a goal that can be pursed within way of my original given objectives.
"...First time a kids been among them" Terry Blackburn - Aftermath of Episode 777 Downfall of Sanity.
A 1+ for me, Terry is indeed a real good rper. The Reply to scenario 1 was rather basic, I agree with that but the answers to scenario 2,3,4 were pretty good. I think Terry has a potential spot on Spartan Team Sierra in my book.
Seems as though everyone wants you in, and your answer to Situation 4 is more or less what I was looking for. Accepted.