Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wehraboo's Spartan Application
CKEY: Bismarck Drei

Timezone: UTC+10

Discord name: Winters#6820

How long have you been a Whitelisted ODST?: 29/3/2018

Have you ever been banned here, or on other servers? A mod mistakenly banned me on CM once, but it got removed and the note purged.

Do you understand and agree to follow the rules linked above, as well as the Faction Rules of the UNSC and the Server Rules? Yes

Do you understand that whitelisted Spartans are expected to comment on and observe the conduct of other Spartan, on the forums as well as discord? Certainly

Name of the Spartan you want to play (Name-000. Try and avoid commonly known numbers like -117.): Eva-077

Explain what you would do in the following scenarios and why:

Scenario 1:

You’re on the ONI Aegis and the ONI RD requests a Sierra team to deploy to VT9, as the covenant have been spotted and are attacking. They have not breached the gate and it is unclear as to the size of their forces. What do you do?

Who's attacking? Deploying for a jackal or two that are taking potshots at the gate is excessive when the local ONI Sec team can handle it. I would prod the RD for more info to see if it's a group of Ultras and Majors or a horde of grunts. The latter can be handled by an UNSC/ONI Sec while the former would kill them all. Then I'd ask if they have a mission beyond "show up, shoot some grunts, go home". An example of a mission I would deploy for is: "Kill the Shipmaster and Ultras leading the attack, and recover their gear for the base to examine."

You’re on the ONI Aegis and receive an urgent request from a Platoon Leader to deploy onto the UNSC Warship as the Insurrectionists have deployed a sizeable force and are taking control of the ship, and arming the nuclear device as they request assistance. What do you do?

Are they aCO? No? I will tell them to tell the CO to request assistance. Again, prod for more specific details. Do they want me to decapitate the Insurrectionists' chain of command? Do they want me to take back the ship? Disarm the nuke? These three are valid missions that I would do and I won't deploy if I don't get one along these lines.

You’ve been deployed on a mission to give the covenant back their bomb. You manage to arm the bomb, but your fellow spartan has been cut down and his body is being dragged away by the Covenant towards an escape pod. What do you do?

Get the body back. If the bomb gets disarmed, so be it. Once the body is recovered, what I do next depends on if the bomb is on or if I can get it back on without dying to the Covenant. If possible, do that then leave with the body. If it isn't possible, just leave with the body. The loss of two Spartans for one ship isn't an equal trade. The only time I would leave the body behind to be destroyed with the bomb is if I absolutely know it won't get yoinked by some Elite with sticky fingers the moment I leave AND if I can't take it back with me. If I'm the last Spartan standing, then I'll fax HC and defend the Aegis until new orders from them. Honestly, I would always prioritize recovering the gear or making sure it's destroyed.
I haven't personally seen you play too much but those answers are pretty decent and reflect what I want for Spartans. Just going to get some other input from the other Spartans before making a final choice.
steiner good man i think they'd be a good addition, decently competent and robust they got my +1
Steiner good RP man and good fighter man, i've known them for a wee bit and they good. Application answers were good tooo so its a 1+ from me
Answers reflect who they are. Competent and a straight arrow. I trust them with my life as an ODST, I trust they wouldn’t change as a SPARTAN. +1 here.
Good answers, you obviously understand the rulings. Cool guy. +1
Accepted