Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaksim's Spartan Application (Edward-042)
CKEY: Flaksim

Timezone: GMT+1

Discord name (eg Bob#123): Flaksim#9151

How long have you been a Whitelisted ODST?: +1 year, was accepted on 3-29-2018. 

Have you ever been banned here, or on other servers?: Yes, on this server, not directly related to any ingame events or actions, but rather an OOC dispute between devs/collabs that went a tad too far. Russle can elaborate on the affair if need be.

Do you understand and agree to follow the rules linked above, as well as the Faction Rules of the UNSC and the Server Rules?
Yes I do.

Do you understand that whitelisted Spartans are expected to comment on and observe the conduct of other Spartans, on the forums as well as on discord?
Yes I do, this is no different than what I have to do as an ODST Officer.

Name of the Spartan you want to play (Name-000. Try and avoid commonly known numbers like -117.):
Edward-042

Explain what you would do in the following scenarios and why:

Scenario 1:
You’re on the ONI Aegis and the ONI RD requests a Sierra team to deploy to VT9, as the covenant have been spotted and are attacking. They have not breached the gate and it is unclear as to the size of their forces. What do you do?
If I am alone, I cannot deploy and remain on the Aegis.
When two or more Spartan-II assets are available however, I would first inform the ONI Research Director that more information as to the disposition of enemy forces is required before deploying. His request does not include a clear goal for deployment, the request also suggests that no real engagement has occured yet. S-II assets are a means of last resort, not the first line of defence.

Scenario 2:
You’re on the ONI Aegis and receive an urgent request from a Platoon Leader to deploy onto the UNSC Warship as the Insurrectionists have deployed a sizeable force and are taking control of the ship, and arming the nuclear device as they request assistance. What do you do?
If I am alone, I cannot deploy and remain on the Aegis.
When two or more S-II assets are available, the response would be to verify if the Platoon Leader is the acting UNSC CO (as in, no one up in the chain of command remains.) If this is the case, S-II assets will deploy with the clear goal of preventing full loss of a UNSC Naval asset. The fact that the crew and its marine complement are in the process of losing the vessel is clear enough evidence that conventional forces are already severely depleted. S-II's may deploy with the goal of securing the vessel and reinstating the crew and its marines in full control of the vessel.

Scenario 3:
You’ve been deployed on a mission to give the covenant back their bomb. You manage to arm the bomb, but your fellow spartan has been cut down and his body is being dragged away by the Covenant towards an escape pod. What do you do?
I Immediately give chase and engage the Covenant forces that are taking the S-II away. If the enemy is present in overwhelming force and retrieval of the body becomes impossible, the first option would be to use explosives at range in order to destroy the body.
If this is also impossible, there is no other option than to close to point blank range and destroy myself along with the S-II and our equipment.

A third alternative is to keep the Covenant pinned down, preventing them from boarding the escape pod untill the AM bomb goes off. This will depend on everyone's relative positions, aswell as the position of the AM bomb (in order to ensure it is not disarmed.)

Losing 2 S-II's and their equipment is still preferable compared to losing 1 S-II and giving the Covenant a working example of S-II related armor technology.
All of this is great. Minor wording in Scenario 2:

I'd just clarify that I wouldn't consider 'preventing the full loss of their vessel' as a valid mission. This could be tweaked very easily to say "prevent the detonation of the nuclear warhead" but in these situations, the wording should be tight.

Accepted (please don't hate me for ruining the Aegis...)