Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
smiley discord ban appeal
Your Byond/Ckey Username: irrelevant, but Awesine. discord username: smiley#2501

Your character name (if relevant): not relevant.

Who were you banned by: koen.

Date of ban: 12:18 AM est 7/29/2019

Length of ban: permanent

Full ban reason: "I don't like your attitude"

Appeal details/ Why should you be unbanned: 
Relevant logs: https://pastebin.com/89MU3wqx

What happened
  • I was muted for discussion that did not break any of the rules
  • Koen muted me (and nobody else) for pursuing the discussion of politics (other people continued the conversation as well)

• Koen said as well that "posting pictures in general" was against the rules
  • When asked why posting pictures in general was against the rules, they at first simply refused to answer, then copy pasted rule 1, and then when pointed out about how rule 1 said absolutely nothing about posting pictures in general, they said that the rules were "vague" and "open to leeway"
  • When asked why political discussion was against the rules, they did not answer.
  • When confronted, and asked to explain to me properly how I broke the rules, they "didn't like my attitude" and banned me.
I think this is complete bullshit, and is self-evident why my ban was improper and not justified.
I spelled appeal wrong. Oh well.

Oh wait I can edit the title too.
After investigation, it seems as though the ban was mostly just, due to your aggressive pursuit of the discussion. Know when to stop. that is a pretty important thing to learn, especially if you have a controversial talking point outside of a debate.

Also don't waste my time with a 2 day ban appeal.
Seems like you are bending a lot of context to work your way. Which is a bad start for your appeal. First thing first.

- I was muted for discussion that did not break any of the rules.
Absolutely wrong. As state by the second rule of our discord (Keep everything friendly and civil, most rules from the server apply here, that includes keeping a friendly environment.) your political talk has bothered more than one user, and you, from what I have seen, refused to stop.

- Koen muted me (and nobody else) for pursuing the discussion of politics (other people continued the conversation as well)
I am not omniscient. I had other things to attend to and a second warning was issued after you have been muted.

- Koen said as well that "posting pictures in general" was against the rules.
As stated in the logs you posted, rule 1. We do not forbid posting images in general, unless you start spamming, which in this case should go to unggoy-bathroom.

- When asked why posting pictures in general was against the rules, they at first simply refused to answer, then copy pasted rule 1, and then when pointed out.
Sadly, I am born with two arms and one head. There is only so much I can do, especially to explain such simply rules to an already stubborn character. Once again, as stated in the logs you posted, we can clearly see that I tried to cover most of the rules you broke. Which you kept arguing about.

- About how rule 1 said absolutely nothing about posting pictures in general, they said that the rules were "vague" and "open to leeway"
The only correct thing you said so far. Some, if not most of our rules are vague for a reason; to allow some leeway. Such as posting images in unrelated channels. This is where rule 4 comes in. (Common sense, don't do anything that you wouldn't do in real life.) When an admin says something, you listen and quit doing whatever they are telling you not to do. If you have a problem with that, we have a staff complaint thread. You are expected to act like an adult, or at least a civilized person.

- When asked why political discussion was against the rules, they did not answer.
I pointed out the rules.

- When confronted, and asked to explain to me properly how I broke the rules, they "didn't like my attitude" and banned me.
I don't exactly appreciate it when someone is wasting my time; although I am willing to explain the rules to them just so that they can call me a coward and act stubborn then argue for ten minutes straight.

This ban appeal is denied, as it will last after two days. (One day left.)