Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff Complaint: MactoPerFuror
Your CKEY/BYOND username: Leudoberct

Admin's CKEY/BYOND username: MactoPerFuror

Details of complaint: (Please also add the date and time in the detailed complaint, this will make this easy for us to verify somethings. Logs, screen shots, recordings, and dates will help the process greatly. Complaints without evidence cannot be acted upon.)

Date: 22/05/2019
Time: 03:23 GMT+1

I was trapped with the Viceminister of Sanitation within the VT9 medbay, along with a grunt, while numerous humans including ODST were outside trying to come in to kill us. I was severely low on ammunition at the time, and the Viceminister told me to use a Confettimaker that was present in order to defend their life. I used the confettimaker in order to protect the prophet from death, and I was stripped by the admins mid-battle, which got me immediately killed. When I ahelped about this issue, Macto told me that even though it's a minor heresy and it was done by the order of a prophet with the intent to protect the prophet's life, I would never be allowed to do it. When I told him that I thought he was in the wrong about this, all I got was "cool." in response. It's a pretty unprofessional way to act,  and also pretty poor handling of it. Even if he had issue with it, he should have spoken to me AFTER, instead of wordlessly stripping me mid-fight, considering I had a prophet telling me to do it to defend their life.

Screenshot of the rules saying prophets can excuse minor heresies:

https://gyazo.com/da848ef1bc0814b6a87ce3041dbac25d

Screenshot of being given permission to use the Confettimaker:

https://gyazo.com/9a72d5d4e2d2cda59935d2ca14011263

Screenshots of my conversation with Macto (segmented due to chat):

https://gyazo.com/549a36f09c6d0dc28f0c53b08a82e8f0
https://gyazo.com/754954f943554e2011a5c4c19f585c1b
https://gyazo.com/1cd9a1f851c42cffcd6a1cc95f5562cf
https://gyazo.com/24b2c7077911512865e15370874333f4

I was additionally sent a screenshot by the player of the Viceminister of Sanitation, who authorised my use of the Confettimaker.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/5...sethis.PNG

This showcases some pretty poor professionalism on Macto's side. I think it's pretty appalling that he's allowed to do this, and I think it needs to be stopped immediately.
Hello! I was the Vice Minister of Sanitation. I'll explain my side of the story and give some lore accounts of when Prophets have allowed minor heresy such as using a weapon to defend a relic and themselves. 

It all started when I was informed by my team that they had found the location of a Relic. Upon hearing this news I requested an honor guard from the Ministry of Resolution, waited for five minutes, and then proceeded to board the SDV Vindictive Infraction and set a course for VT9. Upon arriving there my team deployed down to the surface while I remained on the ship with two Kig-Yar Minors. Around ten minutes into the deployment, the SDV Vindictive Infraction started getting attacked, we were continuously being bombarded by the Bertels. My Kig-Yar fired the guns and I ordered a retreat back to the SDV Vindictive Infraction to man the guns and prioritize my safety, being a san'shyuum and all we love self-preservation. They returned, and we chased off the Bertels.

Upon them being deployed a second time and suffering heavy casualties the Bertels returned and open fired on our vessel, blowing holes into the Bridge and damaging us extensively. It was at this point, upon consultation with my Sangheili that I evacuated using an escape pod. The pod dropped down to VT9 where I met the Sangheili known as Khoro 'Vontakee. He safeguarded my protection and we retrieved a Ungoggy named DafDaf who was injured. We took DafDaf to the VT9 Medical Bay where I treated his injuries, it was at that point we spotted a vehicle, my Sangheili informed me that he did not have enough ammo to fight them off, the Ungoggy then recommended he use the heretic's weapon. He at first said no to the idea and looked to me for advice. At this point, I authorized the use of the Heretic's Weapon in order to safeguard a Relic, and a Prophet, both things have been done extensively in Official Halo Canon. 

In the middle of the battle, the Sangheili suddenly dropped all of his clothes and items which I no doubt figured was an admin at that point, because my Sangheili was using the Confetti Maker to combat the hostile ODST successfully. It was at this point he was slain and this is where I left both of them. I then met up with an Ungoggy named Wisus. We then spent the entire round running away on VT9.

I was contacted twenty or so minutes after the original event and told by Mac that I am quote on quote "Causing him grief" due to my orders. He told me to stop after I informed him what I gave the order for. I then informed him that what I did has been done countless times in the past, and is not out of the ordinary for a San'Shyuum to do, saying again that it was completely canonical for a Prophet to do something like that in an extreme situation (It was literally kill or be killed, they were right in front of me and I was dodging sniper bullets.) His response was "nope, don't care"

I've brought up the fact that Prophet's have canonically approved minor bouts of Heresy (Even though the Prophets have full control over who to call a heretic, and who to not call a heretic. They literally make this stuff up to give a reason for someone's executions.) in defense of themself or a relic. 

Instead of posting examples from the Halo Encyclopedia, I will post a clear example of why it was okay for the Sangheili to do what he did based on the Covenant's Law for the server. https://projectunsc.org/wiki/index.php/Covenant_Law

Heresy in the laws is defined as

"Teaming up with heretics (humans, covenant who have been branded as heretics), using heretical items, and touching or using forerunner artifacts without permission."

The Sangheili clearly didn't violate that law as I gave him express permission as the Prophet, to use technology that would not only defend a holy Forerunner Relic but myself. This was completely in character and Mac's Intervention was abusive, and his responses uncalled for. This is not the way a staff member should behave. 
Which part is appalling for you? The fact that you did not get to rules lawyer the situation? I was the only active admin on, being flooded by tickets. I am not going to spend extra time on your feels. The stripping of your chara? This was done because you broke the RoE and other players were being actively impacted by the situation. Force dropping the item in question and having you die fast resolves the situation quickly while punishing you for it.

Towards the prophet, your input about heresy means very little when through the entire game you kept screeching in admin help that you NEEDED human speech so you could survive. When told no you continued to press it. I imagine that you were also dragging that grunt around so that you could speak to the humans anyway. You were so focused on your survival over roleplaying out the scenario that you did not care about the rules in the slightest. You also lied that you did not ask the sang to commit heresy to protect yourself, which is evidenced in the screencaps. You are the reason that prophets are going whitelist. Both of you are lucky I did not decide to strip you of your faction.
(05-22-2019, 01:07 PM)MactoPerFuror Wrote: Which part is appalling for you? The fact that you did not get to rules lawyer the situation? I was the only active admin on, being flooded by tickets. I am not going to spend extra time on your feels. The stripping of your chara? This was done because you broke the RoE and other players were being actively impacted by the situation. Force dropping the item in question and having you die fast resolves the situation quickly while punishing you for it.

Towards the prophet, your input about heresy means very little when through the entire game you kept screeching in admin help that you NEEDED human speech so you could survive. When told no you continued to press it. I imagine that you were also dragging that grunt around so that you could speak to the humans anyway. You were so focused on your survival over roleplaying out the scenario that you did not care about the rules in the slightest. You also lied that you did not ask the sang to commit heresy to protect yourself, which is evidenced in the screencaps. You are the reason that prophets are going whitelist. Both of you are lucky I did not decide to strip you of your faction.

The Rules of Engagement clearly state that the Prophet can pardon bouts of Minor heresy. Minor and Major heresy is not defined anywhere. I pardoned a bout of what I interpreted as Minor Heresy to not only protect a Forerunner Relic, but also to protect a San'Shyuum. You cannot classify something as Minor or Major at will, at whim, without notifying the players of it. That's simply not fair.

Having someone drop all of their items in the middle of a combat situation instead of admin-pming them to drop it, which they no doubt would have done instantaneously, and then acting in a manner that not only portrays that you do not care, but that you cannot be reasoned with isn't something a staff member should be doing. 

That is what is appalling to me personally, as the Vice Host you are a representative of the server and right now you're painting an image that the server condones bouts of admin abuse, doesn't resolve situations civilly, and insults players for bringing complaints against them both in discord and on the forums. 

In the situation with Galactic Common, you may ask members of your staff team and the current head of the Faction. San'Shyuum are supposed to speak galactic common, when I asked for it you said no. At first, since I did not know you well I figured you were joking, when I asked you again you told me no again. I then asked for clarification and you said that you were not aware of this situation, so I dropped it there and then. 

If you're trying to spin and make it so I pestered you over and over and over for galactic common, that is not what happened. We sent a total of five messages, maybe four back and forth over a period of 5-6 minutes. The server logs should be pulled up and this conversation should be reviewed. 

I was not carrying an Ungoggy around to speak to humans, I never once asked the Ungoggy to speak at all. I was dragging the Ungoggy around because I and the Ungoggy ejected off of the SDV Vindictive Infraction because we were being blown to bits. He landed in VT9s hangar and fought some ODST. I landed in the middle of the VT9 compound. We were not there by choice.

The First Ungoggy I was dragging around was shot, wounded and dying from internal damage. As the Vice Minister of Sanitation, it is completely in character for me to act in the manner I did taking a wounded Ungoggy with me to the Medical Bay so I could treat them as the Ministry of Sanitation is responsible for the Public Health of the Covenant. This is official, canon lore, not something I am making up, even though you told me explicitly that you do not care about the lore your server is running. Here's an official link. https://www.halopedia.org/Ministry_of_Sanitation

The Second Ungoggy I was dragging around was the only other covenant member alive besides me, and they were missing a foot and dying of internal bleeding. I was using them as protection, and hopefully was going to treat them.

You can accuse me of lying, however, my main reason for ordering that the Sangheili pick up the confetti maker and use it was for the safety of the Relic, which is what I told you in the PMs. I would have been fine dying right then and there if it fit the story. You instead decided to interrupt the roleplay in an abusive, immersion-breaking way, and when confronted show an apathetic and hostile response to both of us. 

You then tried to turn this situation around on us, for filing a complaint on you. This complaint was discussed in length in the Covenant Channel in the discord and we have been told that the way you handled the situation was unacceptable by a high number of other covenant players. It also shows that either you or James is lying as James specifically said that I was not the reason for the whitelist, whereas you contradict him. I am unsure on the rule of posting covenant channel stuff outside of the covenant channel, however, I have taken screenshots and if requested will post them on this complaint to attest that you have a history of either exaggerating the truth or simply disregarding it if it suits your personal image. 

What you did could have been handled IC, you could have sent a fax, you could have done a million things to continue the story. Instead, you stripped a Sangheili naked in the middle of combat, showed that you clearly do not care about the server's lore, and threatened us. This behavior is not the way a person of your station should behave, it is damaging not only to the server's image but to the trust the players have in the staff team.

(05-22-2019, 09:11 AM)Frontline03 Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 03:06 AM)Paean Wrote: Heresy in the laws is defined as

"Teaming up with heretics (humans, covenant who have been branded as heretics), using heretical items, and touching or using forerunner artifacts without permission."

Even though I do agree on you about his behaviour, this is what it says about heresy in the ROE

"No using heretic gear like human guns and vehicles"

You should be looking at the RoE as they are the ooc rules that each faction follows. Covenant law is an IC thing in itself

It is clearly defined in the Rules of Engagement that the Prophet can pardon minor heresy. There is no definition of what is minor or major heresy in a situation. Using human weaponry to not only defend a San'Shyuum, but a Forerunner Relic and nothing else is what I would interpret as minor heresy. It is not on the same level of touching a Forerunner Relic (Which would literally destroy the foundation of their religion) or Treason. This situation doesn't constitute the OOC staff action that took place, nor the insults being slung at me by staff members both in discord and on the forums. 

The staff member in question completely ignored all roleplay, the situation itself, and the lore precedent for such actions taking place. They decided, instead of speaking with the Sangheili using an adminPM, to use the drop all items command and strip him mid-combat. When confronted he was not only hostile but showed a careless disregard OOC as-well. This is not the image that a staff member should be projecting, especially a Vice Host.
I insulted nobody. I am the one who writes the RoE, I was not made aware of this addition for the prophets. I would have made it worded better. There was no threat given. You still lied, you are passing over it instead of confronting it. 5 minutes of time is also bullshit, you begged consistently. I do not see why you would need to speak human as a prophet proposing a truce or even alliance for a moment is heresy so high that it is inexcusable.

I am not going to bother prostrating myself just because you did not like being told no. You can bitch and rules lawyer after the decision. I may have been wrong, but I am trying to do the best I can do within small limited timeframes. I will not sit there and cater to letting you have your way and piss around with faxes on a ship that's lost, because you may be ruining other players experience.

I still dislike the idea that a prophet can just change the rules of heresy on a whim just because he or an artifact may be in danger. It ruins the entire concept and makes it hollow, you can bet that I am going to change the RoE to reflect this. (under discourse first, of course.)
(05-22-2019, 02:18 PM)MactoPerFuror Wrote: I insulted nobody. I am the one who writes the RoE, I was not made aware of this addition for the prophets. I would have made it worded better. There was no threat given. You still lied, you are passing over it instead of confronting it. 5 minutes of time is also bullshit, you begged consistently. I do not see why you would need to speak human as a prophet proposing a truce or even alliance for a moment is heresy so high that it is inexcusable.

I am not going to bother prostrating myself just because you did not like being told no. You can bitch and rules lawyer after the decision. I may have been wrong, but I am trying to do the best I can do within small limited timeframes. I will not sit there and cater to letting you have your way and piss around with faxes on a ship that's lost, because you may be ruining other players experience.

I still dislike the idea that a prophet can just change the rules of heresy on a whim just because he or an artifact may be in danger. It ruins the entire concept and makes it hollow, you can bet that I am going to change the RoE to reflect this. (under discourse first, of course.)

"you kept screeching in admin help"
"Towards the prophet, your input about heresy means very little"
"so focused on your survival over roleplaying out the scenario that you did not care about the rules in the slightest"
"You are the reason that prophets are going whitelist."

All of these statements are personally insulting to me, and I'll tell you why.

For the first situation involving the galactic common adminhelp, right now it's just your word against mine on the admin help situation, I've asked multiple staff members to retrieve the server-logs and post them on this complaint. Those server logs will clearly show that you are distorting the timeframe, misconstruing the situation, and overall acting in a way that can be considered manipulative.

You invalidating my opinion is an insult, you are basically telling me that my interpretation of heresy what I thought was right, when there was no clear definition of what heresy is, means nothing, is useless and worthless. That is what you are saying. That is an insult.

You speculating on a situation stating that I was focusing on my survival, without even checking the facts and trying to paint me as someone who would survive one round over roleplay is appalling. I have always been a staunch roleplayer, and I even made my covenant application in character based on roleplay. I have also have written some lore for the server based on encouragement from a Loremaster. I do not care about winning or losing, I only wanted a good story. You ruined that story by abusing your authority, your power, and then acting with careless disregard in the admin-pms. 

You are telling me that I am the reason that Prophets are becoming whitelisted. That in itself is not an insult, however, the reasons I was given for prophet going whitelist by the Host of the server is not something I want to be associated with my character, or my being. I was informed that the reason the Prophet is going whitelisted is because individuals were "molesting ungoggy" and acting without a care in the world for roleplay. You are comparing my actions, which other players who are active members of the Covenant completely agree with, to molesting Ungoggy and disregarding roleplay. That is insulting. 

I have taken screenshots of the entire conversation that happened within the Covenant Channel, and as soon as I get word on if I am allowed to post them on the forums I will do so. 
I stand by those statements except for one, you are right that I was poisoning the well with the "Towards the prophet, your input about heresy means very little" statement. I should have refrained from that. I cannot help that you are insulted, being insulted is a choice. You being the reason for the whitelist is not some random statement uttered in annoyance, it is fact.

You should stop wasting your time painting me as an evil individual and enemy to the server and instead put your energy towards more productive arguments for this issue.

So far whats clear is: I made an error based on ignorance, however keep in mind this server rule. " If an admin says something, for that time being, it is law. No matter what an admin said at any other time or rule stating otherwise. If you want to lawyer it, take it to the admin complaint forum where your argument may be reviewed." We have you in complaints, but you are focusing on the wrong thing. I am not going to be removed or scolded heavily because I did not drop my panties for you.

I have an idea that would prevent this from happening in the future, a ruling that says that when prophets allow for heresy, that it gets informed in adminhelp, this way it prevents future misunderstandings and overreactions.
This is exactly what I mean is appalling. Your attitude is crap. You respond to any criticism with childish responses and show absolutely zero capability to hold a civil discourse on the matter. You refuse to acknowledge your mistake and say "you're lucky I didn't strip you both of your faction". It's like watching an eight year old have a temper tantrum. Even when shown the Rules of Engagement saying that we are in the right, you still just say "I would have written them differently." You also took to directly insulting Paean and saying that he is the reason that the prophet role is getting a separate whitelist, despite the host himself saying in the Covenant discord that this was not the case, and Paean was not the sole reason for it. You're immature as all hell and you don't belong in an administration position.
I did admit fault, I also admit fault that I should not have been so dismissive in the ahelps, i could have just told you i did not have the time to discuss it. I insulted nobody. I would have written them differently if I was made aware of them being presented, the language is poor for it. If you only want to bash on my character then I have nothing else to say and will assume any and all actual rational discourse is now impossible.
In defense of Mac, after speaking with a few players who contacted me about it I can safely say that I don't think Mac was being intentionally malicious with his verbiage. I did not know him and I still don't, however, I have been told that he is blunt, to the point, and as a result, his language may come off as insulting.

It was my fault for crossing the line and making it personal, by assuming that he was being intentionally malicious and insulting me. I have already discussed it with Mac in private and I think this admin complaint should re-center around the actions that took place and how we can rectify the situation and prevent something like this from happening in the future.