• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Your Byond/Ckey Username: Chambers00

Your character name (if relevant): Mack Samuel 

Who were you banned by: koenigsegg

Date of ban: 2019-04-26

Length of ban: 2019-04-26 to 2019-05-03

Full ban reason: 
Low RP, fired upon the URFC Avarice as a member of the UNSC wordlessly, with no attempt to any prisoner.

Appeal details/ Why should you be unbanned: 
The reason why I fired upon the Avarice with the MAC was because once it appeared on my screen it still went towards us without any attempt at communication or wait for anyone to say anything, in my mind I've these scenarios before of where the URF just board the ship with a bunch of SoE's and sabotage the ship by making it dark by removing light bulbs/messing with electrical equipment/ or cause atmos issues to gain and advantage against the UNSC (which is very effective btw). This time my only defence against a mostly likely boarding party is myself who is the only ODST present and a small group of marine of which the players of them are new therefor have little to no clue of the layout of the ship and lack combat experience especially when place in a disadvantage.
So I had two choices 
A: Try to communicate by typing in system comms and risk getting boarded by a bunch of SoE's, have the HA easily hijack and see the UNSC base get blown up
or
B: Use the MAC and avoid a very shitty senario completely 
Also if not mistaken that round was on invasion 
I have applied a ban because you weren't there at the time when a complain was received. All I was looking for was to, hopefully, get your version of the story. It was hard to tell whether or not you were in the wrong; same goes for the complainant. I feel no need to deny this appeal, since all of this happened during lowpop, that not too much harm was done and that it was a mistake on both sides.

However, let this be a reminder and a warning that you have Rules of Engagement, which aim to make the game fair and funnier for everyone. You cannot just order people around to remove another player with a clear of consideration. You could've easily ordered the Avarice to retreat or be fired upon. While not mandatory, it will always cause less problems. If a player decides to carry out an order on your behalf, but said order breaks the rules, they will be held accountable for their actions as well. Do be careful, next time. You weren't in the wrong, but this situation could've been better handled.

Accepted.