Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allakai's Shipmaster Whitelist Application
Discord name (username####): Allakai#1723

Character Name(s): Khaz ‘Valkamee, Jazmine “Jazz” Hoover, Faith Wilkerson, Morgan Armstrong, Qukuzoo

How long have you been a member of the Covenant Faction? Officially I’ve been a part of the Covenant faction 1-30-19 as accepted by BD. Yet I had been playing for about two weeks prior as an unggoy.

What are some examples of good Covenant Roleplay that you have been a part of?:

There are some good examples of good roleplay I have encountered, once as my Unggoy, Qukuzoo, another as Khaz 'Valkamee.

The situation with Quku was I was on KS7, my very first round, I had walked straight up to the colony, not knowing where I was. I saw the Marshal and he had shot me in the arm with a magnum and had captured me (there wasn’t much I could do as I had passed out from blood loss and pain crit when I tried running away). I of course had roleplayed being terrified and screeching to not be eaten or killed. Soon I was dragged into medical and he started treating me when my fellow Unggoy had come to my rescue and had nearly killed me by pure accident. I had lost my arm from a stray plasma grenade and was badly wounded. We (the three Unggoy) were stranded on KS7 with the SDV having left about 15 minutes prior. I was badly wounded and suffering from internal bleeding. But through sheer will (and eating a ton of steak) the other Unggoy and myself managed to survive and we were soon rescued by the SDV. Quku served valiantly without a left hand for the rest of the round.

Another round as Khaz ‘Valkamee involved my first real round with hunters (as well as my first round actually being a Sangheili). I was ordered by my superior, a major (or an ultra), at the time (I cannot remember his name) to lead the hunters as well as the Unggoy and a T’vaoan to attack the base of VT9 with a forward assault. It worked gloriously though on a side note we had issues going anywhere because the stairs going back up to the second sub level got destroyed somehow. After being saved by an admin we realized that somehow VT9’s nuke had gone off and everything was going to shit due to the URF attacking in full force as well as ODSTs. It was an amazing three way gunfight with hunters leading the charge. I had managed to get myself and other crew back to the SDV as the major (and I believe another minor?) had died in combat. Unfortunately our hunters met their end. As the now acting leader of my troops I had rallied what little forces remained and sent them to the docked URF ship to repel any threats. I had made it my duty to guard the SDV with my life.
Little did I realize (and to my troops who had left) that the URF made a counter attack. I was cornered and fought to the death in the lekgolo spawning pools and managed to severely wound several of the URF boarders which lead to the eventual death of said URF combatants when my troops returned and found them all wounded.

I had fought to my eventual end valiantly with all I had in me and died with honor.
(Picture included! Hopefully it works, if not I can always share it on discord.)

[Image: rg1uXNG]

Do you understand the RoE?: I do. The RoE, are the law of not just the Covenant Empire IG, but they’re also just as a method of giving players a clear guide of how to play in general. It is a guideline of what is expected of a player.

Do you understand that you are not above the Covenant law, and may be persecuted for not following the RoE?: I fully expect that. My actions have consequences.

Do you understand that you can be removed from the whitelist at any given time, based on your behavior, even when not playing the role you applied for?: Yes, my behavior both OOC and IC should be under heavy scrutiny. If I am ever to do something wrong, I would fully expect to be reprimanded for a mistake I have done. I will own up to my mistakes.

What do you think your job is as the role you are applying for?: The job of the shipmaster is to be the commander of the forces in the system and of course given the name, the master of his ship. Yet he is not the totalitarian leader that is so anal and up everyone’s business that he is restrictive and overbearing. He is to not leave his ship as he is honor bound to it. As such he is to extend his will through ultras, majors, minors, or whatever others are qualified to lead troops. He cannot and is not to hold their hand the entire time during an engagement. But he is to certainly be a guiding force and give tactical and sound decisions to his troops.

I have explained this before, and I will say it again. The shipmaster’s role is to be a commander. He is to understand his troops and their worth as tactical tools to battle engagements, but also as living beings. He is to understand when he should press on weaknesses, but also to make the decision to move his troops back if he feels they are at a disadvantage.

A shipmaster is an honorable and a well-respected warrior and commander. His job is paramount to the success of the Covenant when it comes to his jurisdiction.

Why should you be whitelisted?: I believe I should be whitelisted because I understand the core value of the shipmaster. I know that the shipmaster is not just a position to be used as ‘I am the leader, therefore you must listen’. It is a position with respect that must be earned and wielded with proper care and the will to use it.

I am not a combat intensive player. I am capable of fighting; however, I find myself more as a commanding role. I fully think I am capable of being a shipmaster that can add to the flavor of a round for both the Covenant as well as the human factions. I am a roleplayer at heart, and feel as though this would be a great role for me to fill to show I am a capable roleplayer.

As a sidenote: If I am needed to clarify anything I am happy to answer questions or DM me over discord. Whichever is easier.
That weird admin people know for doing mildly silly events with some normal ones too.

[Image: unknown.png]
Accepted.