Halo Space Station Evolved

Full Version: Crazylemon's Coder Application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What position are you applying for (Development or Staff)?
Development

How old are you?

Known IC Names Or Ckey:
Ckey: crazylemon

What timezone are you in?
PST

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
I can get on the server on request, but I will probably not hang out on the server - I have schoolwork and other obligations to contend with.

How long have you been playing Space Station 13?
1 year

Have you ever been banned in the past?
No

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
No, only as an official Coder, for Paradise station, and briefly a maintainer.

*If you are applying for development, What skills do you have?( Mapping, coding or spriting etc.) 
Coding

*If you are applying for development, How long have you done Space Station 13 development?
9 months

*If you are applying for development, are you familiar with Git and GitHub?
Absolutely

*If you are applying as a coder, How long have you been coding and how well do you understand it?
6 years, and I understand many programming languages and methods. I am also capable of writing UIs using HTML, CSS and Javascript.

*If you are applying as a coder, What codebase are you familiar with?
Paradise mostly, though a little bit of tg from working with FTLstation

*If you are applying for development, have you made any major contributions to any code bases?

I have: I am also working on updating the python ByondTools, and am currently working on getting the parser working in hopes of making a compiler that'll beat the time of the official DM compiler by a landslide (10 minute compiles are no fun!) https://github.com/Crazylemon64/ByondToo...fix_parser

I also possess a skype, though I am not on it most of the time, unless I am running on Windows, and I also do not possess a microphone.
Glad to see you're interested in our project! Mainly we use Skype text chat so there is no need for a mic.
Also once you send me your Skype and we can get down to Business !
Your SS13 experience is perfect for a number of different features we've got. We have a space manager based off Chinsky's (heavily rewritten) overmap which allows for flyable ships and a huge traversable area. Our overmap is stable but a little adhoc in places. I'm also working on custom HUDs for vehicles including various types of dynamic overlays (and I'd like to see a sensor minimap added at some point). Once you get on Skype we'll be able to discuss it in more detail.