Halo Space Station Evolved

Full Version: Cael's Sprite request thread (updated regularly)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm starting to build up a small novel of sprite requests which I've made but were consequently forgotten about or lost in the depths of the Skype group chat so I thought I'd make an easy quick reference here for my current outstanding requests with the specifications and sorted by priority. Please post in the thread if you are going to start working on something so that we don't have overlaps in work getting done. Unless noted otherwise, none of these sprites need directional states.

16/6/16: I'm offering vidya bounty for the next few people completing requests listed here (Steam/GoG/GmG/Desura etc). Your choice up to $10-$20 etc for each req. completed according to specifications (if I put it ingame and am happy with it).
11/18: Bounty still on the table for new spriters joining the project
25/11/19: We now have a formal bounty program in place. See @ lead spriter or @ head developer on Discord for more information or go to https://github.com/HaloSpaceStation/Halo...els/bounty

Go to https://github.com/HaloSpaceStation/Halo...s/spriting for the Discord sprite issues (some more requests there). 

High Priority
- Fuel rod explosion animations 96x96 and 160x160 (not sure which one we will decide to go with... the 160x160 can just be an upscaled variant).
- Flood biomass (spawner) with 32x32, 64x64 and 128x128. Animated is preferable.
- Landmine sprites with icon states for inactive, arming and armed.
- Alien animal sprites to populate colony maps with.
- UNSC Fortification sprites: deployed sandbags (with directional states), packed/folded sandbags, titanium barricade (as seen in the games), barbed wire coil, deployed barbed wire, tank trap, metallic debris for destroyed barricades/tank traps/barbed wire
- Desert trees, weeds, bushes, scrub, boulders, old animal skeletons etc (desert terrain doodads)
- UNSC pilot jumpsuit and helmet (reference http://halo.bungie.org/misc/sloftus_poa_...-Pilot.jpg) Thanks Macto!
- Overmap explosion animation for destroyed fighters and shuttles (8x8 pixels and should be at least 4 frames long)
- Docking umbilical sprites. The umbilical is a long vacuum sealed walkway that extends out between capital ships and stations (like a jack in the box) to "dock" the two together. The walkway is 4 tiles wide, 2 are sealed window and 2 are walkable floor (there'll be a roof but I can just use ordinary plating for that). All I really want are 32x32 wall and floor sprites with an "extending" and "retracting" animation, retracting can just be extending in reverse. I'm thinking custom wall/machinery sprites as well for the hardpoints where the umbilical is extended from (that will need basic directional states) and I'm happy to use the pre-existing Halo airlock sprites. Thanks Krautzky

Medium priority

- UNSC 32x32 tileable camo netting overlay states
- Colonial militiaman (generic camo fatigues are fine, I'm thinking digital or urban digital for coolness factor)
- Human and Covenant variants for slipspace entry and exit animations. Just make it a bloom of blue energy which I will overlay and rotate in the code over the relevant ships. I'll need 32x32, 64x64 and 96x96 variants in both blue and grayscale palettes. They only need to be a few frames and I will rotate them in the code so make them just in whatever direction you like (EAST/WEST etc).
- 32x32 Shiva Nuclear Space Mines (same animation states as Moray mines)
- 32x32 forklift similar to the cargo tug
- 32x32 resprite of the Bay12 cargo train and cargo trailers so ours are unique
- Overmap sprite for civilian freighter (32x32 or 64x64). A generic cargo transport ship. Overlays for damage and thrusters as well please (I have some submissions but would like more).
- Overmap sprites for shuttles (8x8 pixels) need a couple more of these preferably not just recolours
- "Dust blow" turf effect animation for fighters and shuttles moving over floor plating (32x32 pixels and should be at least 4+ frames long). Basically this is a wind effect generated by hover engines like when you see helicopters flying close to the ground.
- 64x64 Sparrowhawk http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/AV-22_Sparrowhawk with jet thrusters similar to the Pelican instead of fans (to make it space capable)
- 96 x 128 Valkyrie http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/AC-220_Gunship again with jet thrusters similar to the Pelican (also so it's space capable) thanks Krautzky
- Radio backpack for marines like this: http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/juivdcr_4.jpg
- Additional full size shuttle sprites with variants for the different shuttle types (sprite dimensions vary but are between 144x144 and 225x255 pixels). Different shuttle types include cargo, mining, salvage, boarding/troop transport, civilian personnel, UNSC personnel, medical. Overlays for thrusters and damage would be nice.
- Railings to go along the edge of catwalks, stairwells etc to prevent people falling off. Sprites should be directional and go along the sides of the turf, they should be able to tile (repeat), handle corners nicely and also terminate. Perspective might be a little tricky with this one so make sure you experiment with it a bit.
- Warning klaxon lights to indicate dangerous moving machinery (elevators, automated loaders, docking clamps, men at work etc). I'd like this to be a 96x96 animation loop that I can use as a bitmask and apply various colours to (red, yellow, orange), which we'll just use as a overlay and then apply actual coloured lighting separately.
- Various mineable resources (will require both rock wall overlays and the actual unprocessed ore item itself) from a list.
- Various planetary sprites. Mainly I want tileable turf sprites (32x32) with a handful of random variations. The biomes I want are forest, swamp/jungle, desert, plains, snow (we already have decent SS13 snow sprites), badlands. As well as turfs I'd like random doodads, vegetation and animal sprites too. Vegetation and misc debris can be anywhere up to probably 160x160 (5 tiles by 5 tiles) and animals can be 32x32 or 64x64. Feel free to do rectangular sprites as well (eg 32x64 etc).

Low priority

- 96x96 sprite for archer missile pods with firing animations (with directional states).
- 64x64 sprite for AAA Helix cannons with a separate base so the main body of the gun can rotate freely. I'll also need firing and reloading animations, but they can probably just be overlays (might have this stashed away somewhere... been searching for it).
- a 32x32 or 64x64 control station for turrets and ship mounted weaponry (with directional states).
- Ship control consoles. See existing SS13 computer screens for an idea of the basic requirements, but you can also do completely weird and wacky variants such as floor mounted holograms or VR style stations. For console types I was thinking stuff like sensors, tactical scanner, navigation, communications, weapons, fighter C&C etc. These will need directional states.
- 32x32 fuel tank on a trailer to be pulled by a cargo tug
- 32x32 ammo autoloader for fighters kinda like this: http://www.hoistscranes.com/uploadfile/2...338602.png except with a sort of rack/conveyor contraption on top to automatically reload fighter-mounted weaponry
- Area Network Controller. All the same icon states as an APC and it will function very similarly, but instead of power it will connect machines to the network.
- 32x32 Autopilot beacons. This needs cardinal directional states (for them to be attached to a wall in one direction), animation states for active/inactive. I also need sprite variants for: the approach beacon (first beacon in the autopilot route), airlock beacons (some kind of "wait" signal), berth beacons (the final beacon in the route for the craft to dock with).
- 32x32 sprites for various fighter components (nothing fancy): internal liquid fuel tank, pilot ejector seat, munitions storage, weapons fastloader module, vehicle radio antenna, internal vehicle radio, scanner, flare countermeasures package, chaff countermeasures package, space mine launcher, stealth baffle, armour plating
- 32x32 sprites for fighter mounted weapons: rotary cannon, auto cannon, mine deployer, missile launcher rack (these icons are for when the weapons have been removed or are waiting to be installed in a fighter)
- 32x32 sprites for fighter ammo: individual dumbfire missiles, individual seeker missiles, autocannon ammo clip, autocannon round, rotary ammo clip, rotary round
- 32x32 Moray Space Mines (animation states needed: inactive state, deploying state, active state, warning state, detonation imminent state)
- 32x32 sprites for future fighter components: external (drop) liquid fuel tank, upgraded radio antenna, gauss cannon, gauss cannon ammo clip, gauss cannon round, bomb rack, bombs (just simple HE inertia guided), torpedo launcher, anticapship torpedo, 3-6 computer sprites for different types of computers (navigation, weapons, power, electronic warfare, sensors, thrusters etc)
- Civilian human jumpsuits with 2+ variants and the following themes (including but not limited to): industrial worker (eg miner, sewage worker, construction worker etc), office worker, flight crew attendant, colonial policeman (can be themed after 21st century police)
- Civilian yacht (32x32). A pleasure ship for rich jetsetters. Overlays for damage and thrusters would be nice.
- Civilian personnel liner (64x64 or 96x96). An interstellar transport for large numbers of passengers. Overlays for damage and thrusters would be nice.
- Various space station sprites (32x32, 64x64 and 96x96 for small, medium and large station sizes). Damaged, derelict and "active" (running lights etc) overlays or variants would be nice. (I have some submissions but I'm happy with more)
- Damage overlays for the existing shuttle sprites.
- Custom paint skins for the existing fighters (sabre, longsword, pelican).
- Various planet sprites (128x128 please and animated if possible to be gently spinning, maybe with clouds or atmospheric effects). Some examples for ideas include Earth-like planets, forest/jungle planets, ocean planets, desert planets, barren/rocky planets. Don't worry about mapping in things like satellites or space stations, but feel free to do suborbital traffic and planet spanning cities if you so desire.
- Large fusion reactor (96x96, preferably animated with active, inactive and critical/overloading animations). This also needs overlays to show fuel and heat levels.
- 3 tile wide elevator blast door (96x32 and 32x96 pixels to represent horizontal and vertical orientation). This can basically be a stretched version of the pre-existing 2x1 airlock.
- 3 tile wide elevator floor (96x96 with hazard stripes around the edge, maybe also some kind of animation to show when it's moving and when it isn't).
- Covenant floor turfs (we already have wall turfs but we can probably use more).
- 96x96 scorpion tank with a separate barrel sprite so it can be rotated. Krautzky is working on it.
Half of the priority stuff is done

Dibs on the other high priority stuff
(02-24-2016, 04:17 PM)Kmc2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Half of the priority stuff is done

Dibs on the other high priority stuff
Have at it!
Added radio backpack, Sparrowhawk, Valkyrie.
Added badlands terrain turf sprites.
Update: I'm offering $10-$20 steam games bounty for completed sprite requests. See me for more details.
Moved 8x8 overmap shuttle sprite from high to medium priority, moved space station sprites from medium to high priority.
Added extra mineable resources as medium priority.
Moved overmap sprites for civilian freighter to medium priority as I've received some submissions (thanks Krautzky)
I think ill give the stations a try
Pages: 1 2